Thursday, August 2, 2012

Change in the winds

Wow...what an interesting day it has been. For the first time in a long time, I woke up and felt truly afraid to face the world. Kind of had that gut feeling that it was not going to be a good day at all. Got up, got ready for work, and while I am generally able to keep my outside life, well outside, I found myself having a very hard time keeping my emotions in check...but hey, life happens. A friend of mine, who I have worked with for several years, saw a post that I made on my Facebook page this morning stating: "No one is without fear. The power lies in being able to overcome your fear. To look past it and try to see the whole picture. Without risk what is there in life... My question is this...what if you are not sure you are strong enough to face your fears? I have a sinking feeling in my stomach that this is not going to be a good day..." Concerned, she asked me a little about what was going on...and something clicked. She had walked through similar paths with her husband and their relationship (they have been together for a long time, and he too is a really good guy that I know). She recommended that I go out and get a book that she and her husband had read apart and applied together. Now, to be honest, I am not a big fan of reading 'help' books, but that being said, she called her husband and asked him to bring the book down. "Love and Respect: The love she most desires\The respect he desperately needs" by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs... So, against my nature, I started to read it during my lunch break...and after reading the first chapter...I was like...YES, this is exactly how I feel, and this is exactly the cycle that I fall into at home. At the same time I realized how thoughtless I have been at times not showing my beautiful wife the undying and endless love that I feel for her, for which I am so very sorry. One chapter down and I am so looking forward to reading the rest. Now, I will say, the book does use a lot of Biblical references, but putting that aside (for myself), the message is completely clear to me... This is definitely an endeavor that I will see through!

No comments: